New King of Kongo.
donald tick
2003-10-13 11:46:32 UTC
Maybe many of you have heard of the Kingdom of Kongo;one of the
greater in Africa covering N.-Angola and a part of former Zaire.By
coincidence I came on the website of the Angola rebelgroup FNLA,who
gave information,that there are still kings of Kongo.The most recent
info I know,was from ca. 1962 and a statement,that the present
President of Angola was actually because of descent the eligible
person for the Royal title.
www.fnla-angola.org gave info,that King(Roi/Manikongo)Ne KOngo had
died on 19-11-2000.He was born in Mbanza Kongo and special permission
of Angola government had to be given,that he could be burried in his
birthplace.He was living in FNLA-territory.Between 1962-1975 the Kongo
dynasty was more or less faded away.
The new King of KOngo now is King(Roi/Manikongo)(Jose)Henrique da
Silva Meso Mankala.I hope,the office of FNLA can give more info about
these 2 kings.
King Henrique also lives in FNLA territory.
I hope,this is interesting a bit for all of you.
Yours sincerely:
D.P. Tick/Pusaka.
Don Aitken
2003-10-13 13:46:11 UTC
Post by donald tick
[...]
Kongo, of course, was once one of the major powers in Africa. Its
royal family became Christian in the late 15th century, and diplomatic
relations were established with Portugal - the last time an African
country was treated as an equal by Europe before the onset of
colonialism. Do these modern "kings" have dynastic links back to that
time? I suspect not.
--
Don Aitken

Mail to the addresses given in the headers is no longer being
read. To mail me, substitute "clara.co.uk" for "freeuk.com".
donald tick
2003-10-13 17:51:58 UTC
Post by Don Aitken
Post by donald tick
[...]
Dear Sir;

The last Kings had that ties and I think these new one's als must
have.Why you don't call the FNLA office in France(see website FNLA)and
ask them for info.
Never say such things,if you are not sure.Knowing Africa,I think,that
these kings are eligible to be king.Remember,that the present
president of Angola don't want such historical powerfull kings in his
republic,so says,that he is actually the most eligible person,because
of birth.Highly contested.
Better not begin a discussion about it,but let we ry to find out.I
already have sended an e-mail to the FNLA office outside Angola.
Yours sincerely:
D.P. Tick/Pusaka.
Henry Soszynski
2003-10-13 23:18:25 UTC
Post by donald tick
[...]
Jose Eduardo dos Santos Kasakanga, born 1942, claims to be a grandson
of King Pedro VII. Highly suspect IMHO
see http://www.rmki.kfki.hu/~lukacs/CONGO.htm for further info
Cheers,
Henry
Bryan J. Maloney
2003-10-14 02:08:30 UTC
Post by Henry Soszynski
Jose Eduardo dos Santos Kasakanga, born 1942, claims to be a grandson
of King Pedro VII. Highly suspect IMHO
see http://www.rmki.kfki.hu/~lukacs/CONGO.htm for further info
That website you cite also has the following rubbish:

"Surely the Portuguese were right to the letter. A sovereign Kingdom has
got the Crown or the Title originally either from (the/an) Emperor, or
from the Pope."

This is, of course, a load of fetid dingo's kidneys.