+ Carl, Prince Bernadotte (1911-2003)
SSKENDER
2003-07-17 05:25:23 UTC
Did any members of the Swedish, Belgian or Luxemburg families attend Carl's
funeral?
Thanks.

***@aol.com
--Skender= Alexander the Great
--of Prince Skenderbeg who married into the Imperial Paleologos
--and of Kilimitzoglou of the Phanariots
SSKENDER
Dag T. Hoelseth
2003-07-17 11:07:34 UTC
Post by SSKENDER
Did any members of the Swedish, Belgian or Luxemburg families attend Carl's
funeral?
Thanks.
Yes. The King and Queen of Sweden attended the funeral together with
three of the King's sisters (I suppose Princess Birgitta was the one
not attending). From Belgium came Queen Paola (King Albert being
occupied with Putin's visit), while Luxembourg was represented by
Princess Margareta of Liechtenstein, nee Princess of Luxembourg.

Dag T. Hoelseth

http://www.geocities.com/dagtho/royalty.html
Torkel Nybakk Kvaal
2003-07-17 11:01:34 UTC
Post by SSKENDER
Did any members of the Swedish, Belgian or Luxemburg families attend Carl's
funeral?
Royal guests at the funeral
widow Princess Kristine Bernadotte
daughter Countess Madeleine with husband Nicos Kogevinas
grandchildren and spouses

The King and Queen of Sweden

The King and Queen of Norway
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway
Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn
Princess Ragnhild, Mrs Lorentzen and Erling Lorentzen
Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner and Johan Martin Ferner
her five children and possibly in-laws

Queen Paola of the Belgians

Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (née a Pss of Luxembourg) who was
representing her mother

Regards
Torkel N. Kvaal
Torkel Nybakk Kvaal
2003-07-17 11:02:10 UTC
Post by SSKENDER
Post by SSKENDER
Did any members of the Swedish, Belgian or Luxemburg families attend
Carl's
Yes, members from all of the above & all of the Norwegian Royal family,
except for one of the King's sisters. I can't recall whether it was Astrid
or Ragenhild (sp?). I *think* it was the latter that was missing.
The King of Norway and both his sisters attended, accompanied by their
spouses.
Dag T. Hoelseth
2003-07-17 18:13:04 UTC
Post by SSKENDER
Post by SSKENDER
Did any members of the Swedish, Belgian or Luxemburg families attend
Carl's
Yes, members from all of the above & all of the Norwegian Royal family,
except for one of the King's sisters. I can't recall whether it was Astrid
or Ragenhild (sp?). I *think* it was the latter that was missing.
No, you are mixing the countries up. One of the sisters of the
*Swedish* king was missing (Princess Birgitta I think). Both Princess
Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, and Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner, were
present, together with their husbands and children.

Dag T. Hoelseth

--

http://www.geocities.com/dagtho/royalty.html