Eminent Elizabethans II:James Brokenshire 1968-2021
Louis Epstein
2021-10-09 03:54:48 UTC
And another in my decades-long series of "Eminent Elizabethans II"...
deceased persons achieving notability in the realms of,during
lifespans entirely within the reign of,Queen Elizabeth II;
I think I started in 1999 and most recently posted on Major-General
Matthew Holmes,in the past week,but hard on the heels of his
apparent suicide has come the the death of a former Cabinet
Minister.

James Brokenshire,who served in Theresa May's Cabinet and returned
to the junior-ministerial ranks under Boris Johnson,born January 8th
1968,died October 7th 2021 according to the BBC and others...he had retired
in July from his last ministerial post after being on leave since January
as his struggles with lung cancer (he was a non-smoker) continued not to
meet with success.

-=-=-
Louis Epstein
2021-10-15 20:58:55 UTC
In alt.talk.royalty Louis Epstein <***@top.put.com> wrote:
Now the third in half a month in my decades-long series of
"Eminent Elizabethans II"...
deceased persons achieving notability in the realms of,during
lifespans entirely within the reign of,Queen Elizabeth II;
I started in 1999 and most recently posted on James Brokenshire,
a former Cabinet Minister...now comes the murder of his Parliamentary
colleague.

Sir David Andrew Anthony Amess,
born March 26th 1952,who served as an MP since 1983,
was stabbed repeatedly and died as a result on October 15th 2021.
The BBC and others are covering the story,the Guardian site has a
latest-developents (tons of condolence statements) ticker...
the apparent assailant was quickly apprehended.
(Terrorist connections are apparently suspected).

For now at least he eclipses Dame Cheryl Gillan (April 21 1952-April 4 2021)
as the longest-lived of the EE II.

-=-=-