Prince Charles will be the 'best prepared monarch Britain's ever had' but...
Miloch
2020-05-21 16:31:09 UTC
...will 'have to keep his mouth shut' and has 'a lot of uncomfortable baggage',
royal experts tell ITV documentary

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8343833/Prince-Charles-best-prepared-monarch-weve-royal-expert-claims.html

*Royal experts discuss Prince Charles' future ascent to the throne tonight

*Prince Charles will be 'best prepared monarch we've ever had', Penny Junor says

*British royal author appears on ITV documentary The Queen: Inside The Crown

*However historian Piers Brendon says the heir to the throne, 71, has the
potential to 'divide opinion rather than unite it'

Prince Charles will be the 'best prepared monarch we've ever had' but will 'have
to keep his mouth shut', royal experts have claimed in an insightful new
documentary.

Speaking on tonight's ITV documentary The Queen: Inside The Crown, which airs at
9pm, British historian Piers Brendon said the heir to the throne, 71, has the
potential to 'divide opinion rather than unite it'.

Agreeing, former royal press secretary Dickie Arbiter also insisted that the
Prince of Wales will have to learn to 'keep his mouth shut' upon becoming King,
and ditch his 'outspoken nature on politics, architecture and the environment'.

Yet despite the 'uncomfortable baggage' referenced by Piers in the programme,
where he referred to Charles' separation from Princess Diana in 1992, British
royal author Penny Junor said attitudes towards the Prince had changed for the
better.

She claimed: 'Prince Charles will be King, and he will be the best prepared
monarch this country has ever had.

'I think the nation has changed in its attitude towards Charles. Years ago we
wrote him off as a nutter who talked to his plants but today he is in a really
good place.

'He laughs again, he jokes, he's relaxed and I think that makes him a much
better prince, much better father and much better man all round.'

But other royal commentators didn't share Penny's faith and even suggested
Charles would have to leave his outspoken ways behind him.

'He's written his spidery letters to ministers, asking the sort of questions we
would want answers to,' said Dickie Arbiter. 'But he won't be able to do that
when he becomes King because constitutionally, he'll have to keep his mouth
shut.'

The Queen's former press secretary referred to the letters Prince Charles wrote
to government ministers, expressing his views on policy in 2004 and 2005.

They were given the name 'black spider' memos because of Prince Charles'
handwriting style.

Prince Charles' personal life has often dominated headlines, especially the end
of his marriage to Princess Diana and his love affair with his now-wife Camilla.

Piers Brendon said the father-of-two has a 'lot of uncomfortable baggage',
adding that the Queen - who is the longest reigning monarch in history and the
first to celebrate a Sapphire Jubilee in February 2017 commemorating 65 years on
the throne - 'never had that'.

'She emerged absolutely pristine on to the throne. He has had a very rackety
past. He could do the crucial thing that a monarch shouldn't do which is to
divide opinion rather than unite it.'

Elsewhere in the programme, the Prince of Wales' goddaughter India Hicks said:
'[Charles] is a man that is utterly utterly dedicated to hard work. He has been
brilliant in waiting because my god it's been a long time in waiting.'

*
MummyChunk
2020-05-21 23:47:34 UTC
....will 'have to keep his mouth shut' and has 'a lot o
uncomfortable baggage'
royal experts tell ITV documentar
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8343833/Prince-Charles-best-prepared-monarch-weve-royal-expert-claims.htm
*Royal experts discuss Prince Charles' future ascent to the thron
tonigh
*Prince Charles will be 'best prepared monarch we've ever had'
Penny Junor say
*British royal author appears on ITV documentary The Queen: Insid
The Crow
*However historian Piers Brendon says the heir to the throne, 71
has th
potential to 'divide opinion rather than unite it
Prince Charles will be the 'best prepared monarch we've ever had
but will 'hav
to keep his mouth shut', royal experts have claimed in a
insightful ne
documentary
Speaking on tonight's ITV documentary The Queen: Inside The Crown
which airs a
9pm, British historian Piers Brendon said the heir to the throne
71, has th
potential to 'divide opinion rather than unite it'
Agreeing, former royal press secretary Dickie Arbiter also insiste
that th
Prince of Wales will have to learn to 'keep his mouth shut' upo
becoming King
and ditch his 'outspoken nature on politics, architecture and th
environment'
Yet despite the 'uncomfortable baggage' referenced by Piers in th
programme
where he referred to Charles' separation from Princess Diana i
1992, Britis
royal author Penny Junor said attitudes towards the Prince ha
changed for th
better
She claimed: 'Prince Charles will be King, and he will be the bes
prepare
monarch this country has ever had
'I think the nation has changed in its attitude towards Charles
Years ago w
wrote him off as a nutter who talked to his plants but today he i
in a reall
good place
'He laughs again, he jokes, he's relaxed and I think that makes hi
a muc
better prince, much better father and much better man all round.
But other royal commentators didn't share Penny's faith and eve
suggeste
Charles would have to leave his outspoken ways behind him
'He's written his spidery letters to ministers, asking the sort o
questions w
would want answers to,' said Dickie Arbiter. 'But he won't be abl
to do tha
when he becomes King because constitutionally, he'll have to kee
his mout
shut.
The Queen's former press secretary referred to the letters Princ
Charles wrot
to government ministers, expressing his views on policy in 2004 an
2005
They were given the name 'black spider' memos because of Princ
Charles
handwriting style
Prince Charles' personal life has often dominated headlines
especially the en
of his marriage to Princess Diana and his love affair with hi
now-wife Camilla
Piers Brendon said the father-of-two has a 'lot of uncomfortabl
baggage'
adding that the Queen - who is the longest reigning monarch i
history and th
first to celebrate a Sapphire Jubilee in February 201
commemorating 65 years o
the throne - 'never had that'
'She emerged absolutely pristine on to the throne. He has had
very racket
past. He could do the crucial thing that a monarch shouldn't d
which is t
divide opinion rather than unite it.
Elsewhere in the programme, the Prince of Wales' goddaughter Indi
Hicks said
'[Charles] is a man that is utterly utterly dedicated to hard work
He has bee
brilliant in waiting because my god it's been a long time i
waiting.
God Save The King - His Majesty King Georg

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=545690388#54569038