Franz Josef Washing The Feet Of The Poor
David Amicus
2017-01-12 22:29:53 UTC
http://teaattrianon.blogspot.com/2015/04/franz-joseph-washing-feet-of-poor.html

Do any monarchs today wash the feet of the poor?
Windemere
2017-01-13 13:17:37 UTC
Post by David Amicus
http://teaattrianon.blogspot.com/2015/04/franz-joseph-washing-feet-of-poor.html
Do any monarchs today wash the feet of the poor?
The Pope evidently still does.

Elizabeth I of England maintained the Tudor monarchs' tradition of washing the feet of the poor on Maundy Thursday, as well as giving them gifts of food & clothing. However, she always insisted that their feet be well scrubbed in soap & water by her attendants, and perfumed with sweet-smelling herbs, prior to her own washing of them.
Count Gudenus
2017-01-19 13:19:09 UTC

Josef is how Nazi write thr name, others write Joseph
Donald4564
2017-01-19 20:07:34 UTC
Post by Count Gudenus
Josef is how Nazi write thr name, others write Joseph
That should prove interesting reading for all those young men living in Austria and Germany who spell it that way rather than the English version. (I should prepare myself for libel actions if I were you).

Regards
Donald Binks
The Chief
2017-01-20 16:37:05 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by Count Gudenus
Josef is how Nazi write thr name, others write Joseph
That should prove interesting reading for all those young men living in Austria and Germany who spell it that way rather than the English version. (I should prepare myself for libel actions if I were you).
Regards
Donald Binks
Donald,
I believe that in "Gudenus speak" you should read "Nazi" as a generic term for German or Austrian.
Regards,
The Chief
Donald4564
2017-01-20 22:35:42 UTC
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by Count Gudenus
Josef is how Nazi write thr name, others write Joseph
That should prove interesting reading for all those young men living in Austria and Germany who spell it that way rather than the English version. (I should prepare myself for libel actions if I were you).
Regards
Donald Binks
Donald,
I believe that in "Gudenus speak" you should read "Nazi" as a generic term for German or Austrian.
Regards,
The Chief
I thought his family were Austrian themselves? Obviously he dislikes them.

Regards
Donald Binks
David Amicus
2017-01-21 09:45:41 UTC
In my parish is an Italian American family. All the girls' names begin with "M" and the boys' "J". One boy's name is spelled "Josef".
Count Gudenus
2017-01-21 11:24:42 UTC
Post by David Amicus
In my parish is an Italian American family. All the girls' names begin with "M" and the boys' "J". One boy's name is spelled "Josef".
Communication of no value.

Go to the public office where Birth was registered;

Registered as Joseph. Inforlation has only the value. Around 2000 the name was written ... in some cowboy village.

Still a long way to ...
The Chief
2017-01-21 20:54:50 UTC
Post by Count Gudenus
Post by David Amicus
In my parish is an Italian American family. All the girls' names begin with "M" and the boys' "J". One boy's name is spelled "Josef".
Communication of no value.
Go to the public office where Birth was registered;
Registered as Joseph. Inforlation has only the value. Around 2000 the name was written ... in some cowboy village.
Still a long way to ...
Tipperary?

Regards,
The Chief