Scotch Vote For Freedom!
The Chief
2017-03-29 01:08:52 UTC
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!

Regards,
The Chief
Donald4564
2017-03-29 06:48:03 UTC
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
I know there are some MP's who like to imbibe - remember George Brown? But, a "Scotch" parliament? Really?

Regards
Donald Binks
The Chief
2017-03-29 14:20:23 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
I know there are some MP's who like to imbibe - remember George Brown? But, a "Scotch" parliament? Really?
Regards
Donald Binks
I remember George! I believe he was the original source for the popular journalistic phrase "tired and emotional" as a synonym for being blotto. But he was never a member of the Scotch parliament.

Regards,
The Chief
Donald4564
2017-03-30 00:11:56 UTC
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
I know there are some MP's who like to imbibe - remember George Brown? But, a "Scotch" parliament? Really?
Regards
Donald Binks
I remember George! I believe he was the original source for the popular journalistic phrase "tired and emotional" as a synonym for being blotto. But he was never a member of the Scotch parliament.
Regards,
The Chief
Well I am yet to discover where the "Scotch Parliament" actually is?

Regards
Donald Binks
Louis Epstein
2017-03-30 19:29:38 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
I know there are some MP's who like to imbibe - remember George Brown? But, a "Scotch" parliament? Really?
Regards
Donald Binks
I remember George! I believe he was the original source for the popular journalistic phrase "tired and emotional" as a synonym for being blotto. But he was never a member of the Scotch parliament.
Regards,
The Chief
Well I am yet to discover where the "Scotch Parliament" actually is?
Regards
Donald Binks
Perhaps a trade association of distillers?

2017-03-30 03:26:50 UTC
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English
occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
The UK has scotched the treasonous secessionist plan from North Britain!

hihgdm
Why do you care Comrade? After all, independence would mean the creation of a brand new kingdom, or the resurgence of a former one. I am a republican but...Long live the Stuarts! Which doesn't include the Hanoverian descendants.
Donald4564
2017-04-02 21:07:13 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English
occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
The UK has scotched the treasonous secessionist plan from North Britain!
Why do you care Comrade? After all, independence would mean the creation of a >brand new kingdom, or the resurgence of a former one. I am a republican >but...Long live the Stuarts! Which doesn't include the Hanoverian descendants.
King Franz of Scotland? Hmmm, don't think that would gel well really.

I can understand the Scots working themselves up into a nationalistic fervour every so often, but, really, that type of nonsense should be limited to football matches. It's a different ballgame when it is taken to the absurd limits of creating a separate country. I can't see what there is to actually gain. It's more likely to be at a huge cost to set it all up.

And, don't you know? After Brexit, the U.K., will merely reconstitute the Empire and everything will be back in its place as it should be. :-)

Regards
Donald Binks
The Chief
2017-04-02 21:49:04 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by The Chief
[...]
Scotland is already a country! Just a question of booting the nasty Sasanach hordes.
Post by Donald4564
And, don't you know? After Brexit, the U.K., will merely reconstitute the Empire and everything will be back in its place as it should be. :-)
Regards
Donald Binks
Actually, there is already a name for this - "Empire 2.0".
Personally though, I much prefer FUK (Former UK).

Regards,
The Chief
n***@gmail.com
2017-04-03 03:38:29 UTC
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by Donald4564
And, don't you know? After Brexit, the U.K., will merely reconstitute the Empire and everything will be back in its place as it should be. :-)
Regards
Donald Binks
Actually, there is already a name for this - "Empire 2.0".
Personally though, I much prefer FUK (Former UK).
Regards,
The Chief
Chiefey, how much is the Queen paying you?

The ethnic gaels of Scotland are a minority. Always have been. "Sassenach" is the Gaelic for Saxon. The ethnic Scots majority speak the very Anglo-Saxon language of Scots. Both groups are actually relative newcomers -- the Gaels arriving at the start of the 300s, the Anglo-Saxons in the 400s -- the original owners speaking a language (Pictish) that is apparently close related to Welsh.

Which means you just a) used an ethnic slur to refer to the majority of the country, whilst b) implying that majority will be ethnically cleansed.

Don't get me wrong here. At this point I actually agree with you. The EU can't give May a deal worth having, which means that going independent and joining the EU/NATO/etc. is by far the best option available to them.

Nick
The Chief
2017-04-03 04:06:38 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by Donald4564
[...]
Since when is referring to a Sasanach an "ethnic slur"? This PC nonsense is just that, nonsense. Why don't you find yourself a nice safe-space, and let mammy wipe your nose...

The Chief

Count Gudenus
2017-03-30 04:42:17 UTC

Hindered by Scotch tape, is anybody "scotché', as said in "Froggy”?
Windemere
2017-03-31 13:44:33 UTC
I should think that in this context, either "Scotch" or "Scottish" would be okay.
Donald4564
2017-03-31 20:48:22 UTC
Post by Windemere
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
I should think that in this context, either "Scotch" or "Scottish" would be okay.
One should refer to a Scotsman!

Regards
Donald Binks
The Chief
2017-03-31 23:37:27 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by Windemere
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
I should think that in this context, either "Scotch" or "Scottish" would be okay.
One should refer to a Scotsman!
Regards
Donald Binks
11 out of 10 Scotchmen don't agree!

Regards,
The Chief
hihgdm
2017-04-02 13:43:12 UTC
Post by The Chief
The Scotch Parliament has again voted for freedom! Betty's English occupation regime says it will deny democratic process!
Regards,
The Chief
The mood in Scotland is hard to read, with regard to another referendum. There are the diehards like me who want independence from Westminster and the English yoke at almost any cost, whilst the other side remains equally intransigent. Of course, what changes over time is the balance between the two. There is fear surrounding the unknowns of Brexit and the loss of valuable markets in Europe, so, for some people, seceding from the UK at a time of many unknowns isn't worth the risk. Sturgeon is sticking her neck out because if it fails again, she's finished as a politician. It would be a more attractive proposition if she secured exclusive rights to the latest discovery of oil, just west of the Shetland islands.