The La Motte Family
Choli (cuzin' Choli)
2011-01-03 23:27:13 UTC
Iam reseaching surname, Regnier de LaMotte, De LaMotte/DeLaMothe, LaMotte/LaMothe. as you can see the name has been corupted sevral times. We were abel to trace the family lineage to 1725 France Below is the lineage I read for a cuzin' who was funeralized last week. A cuzin i met while doing research Daphne(form Canada) uncovered the Regnier de LaMotte connection.
tell me what you think and where I can go to get additonal infromation. Thanks Cuzin Choli aka Yvonne Emanuel

1. The daughter of
Winston Whyte and his wife Olga LaMotte-Whyte

2. The granddaughter (Gd) of
Louis LaMotte jr and his wife, Roseline Moore-Pollard-LaMotte of Grenada and St Lucia respectively

3. Great, Gd of
Louis LaMotte Sr. and his wife, Catherine Belfon-LaMotte.

4. The Great, Great Gd of
Pierre Frederick LaMotte, land owner, Gouyave Grenada.

5. The Great Great, Great Gd of
Pierre Charles Regnier de LaMotte and Marie Louise de Suze.

6. The Great, Great, Great, Great, Gd of
Pierre Regnier de LaMotte who was born:29 April 1725 and married: Marie Francoise Camille in Grenada 21 March 1772.

7. The Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Gd, of
(Nobleman ) Joseph Regnier de LaMotte and (demoiselle) Jeanne Marie Rebillion de Bassecourt from Lamballe in Saint-Brieuc in Bretagne who married 8 March 1723 in Lamballe, France.
Sacha
2011-01-04 00:23:50 UTC
On 2011-01-03 23:27:13 +0000, "Choli (cuzin' Choli)"
Post by Choli (cuzin' Choli)
Iam reseaching surname, Regnier de LaMotte, De LaMotte/DeLaMothe, LaMotte/L
aMothe. as you can see the name has been corupted sevral times. We were abe
l to trace the family lineage to 1725 France
<snip>

Have you looked at any of the Channel Island genealogy sites?
Sacha
Turenne
2011-01-04 18:03:48 UTC
On 2011-01-03 23:27:13 +0000, "Choli (cuzin' Choli)"
Post by Choli (cuzin' Choli)
Iam reseaching surname, Regnier de LaMotte, De LaMotte/DeLaMothe, LaMotte/L
aMothe. as you can see the name has been corupted sevral times. We were abe
l to trace the family lineage to 1725 France
One important 'La Mothe' was François de Salignac de la Mothe-Fénelon,
Archbishop of Cambrai, son of Pons de Salignac, Comte de La Mothe-
Fénelon. Fenelon was tutor to the Duke of Burgundy; Louis XIV's
grandson and later Dauphin of France.

Richard L
y***@us.army.mil
2017-02-22 23:38:13 UTC
On 2011-01-03 23:27:13 +0000, "Choli (cuzin' Choli)"
Post by Choli (cuzin' Choli)
Iam reseaching surname, Regnier de LaMotte, De LaMotte/DeLaMothe, LaMotte/L
aMothe. as you can see the name has been corupted sevral times. We were abe
l to trace the family lineage to 1725 France
One important 'La Mothe' was François de Salignac de la Mothe-Fénelon,
Archbishop of Cambrai, son of Pons de Salignac, Comte de La Mothe-
Fénelon. Fenelon was tutor to the Duke of Burgundy; Louis XIV's
grandson and later Dauphin of France.
Richard L
Richard,
Do you have any ideas on how to research a Nobleman in France?