Date of birth of Sophia Charlotte von Platen-Hallermund (1675-1725)
Alexander Agamov
2017-03-07 20:09:50 UTC
A question about the "ancient" nobility:) The German version of Wikipedia article about Sophia Charlotte von Platen-Hallermund, supposed daughter of Hanover elector Ernst-August, says she was born 10 APR 1675. I can't find any information about the source of this exact date. And unfortunately I am unable to verify this fact on publications, which are listed in the sources section.In all works of her life there is only the year of her birth.
Does anyone know the source of this date?
Thank you in advanced.
Henry Soszynski
2017-03-08 00:55:03 UTC
On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 12:09:50 -0800 (PST), Alexander Agamov
Post by Alexander Agamov
A question about the "ancient" nobility:) The German version of Wikipedia article about Sophia Charlotte von Platen-Hallermund, supposed daughter of Hanover elector Ernst-August, says she was born 10 APR 1675. I can't find any information about the source of this exact date. And unfortunately I am unable to verify this fact on publications, which are listed in the sources section.In all works of her life there is only the year of her birth.
Does anyone know the source of this date?
Thank you in advanced.
Hi Alexander,
The Complete Peerage has her birth year as circa 1673. Her 'parents'
apparently married in September 1673 and her older brother (Ernst
August!) was born 3rd August 1674. My guess is that the 1673 date is
the correct one. Though German Wikipedia
(https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Charlotte_von_Platen-Hallermund)
has 10th April, presumably using one of these sources (not specified)

1. Paul Gerhard Zeidler: Elisabeth von Platen, eine deutsche
Pompadour. Roman. Richard Bong & Co, Berlin 1921.
2. Ragnhild Marie Hatton: Georg der Erste. Ein deutscher Kurfürst auf
Englands Thron. Societäts Verlag, Frankfurt a.M. 1985, ISBN
3-7973-0398-X.
3. Dieter Lohmeier: Kielmansegg, Johann Adolph von, in: Biographisches
Lexikon für Schleswig-Holstein und Lübeck, Band 13, S. 262–265

Google Book Search shows that source 2 has 1675 as the birth year, I
didn;t search the text for a fuller date.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Henry Soszynski
Count Gudenus
2017-03-08 09:32:56 UTC
Le mercredi 8 mars 2017 01:55:05 UTC+1, Henry Soszynski a écrit :

Varrentrapp:
3rd August 1674
Alexander Agamov
Thank You, Henry! Search on Google Books gives only this link that calls exact date https://books.google.ru/books?id=vM5MqyHjm6UC&pg=PA789&dq=Sophie+Charlotte+von+Platen+1675&hl=ru&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfoYjn0cbSAhXpC5oKHTFbAIoQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=Sophie%20Charlotte%20von%20Platen%201675&f=false. But perhaps the commentators of Leibniz correspondence also used Wikipedia? :-)
Count Gudenus
2017-03-08 09:34:08 UTC
pp
Count Gudenus
2017-03-08 09:36:28 UTC
pp
not one - but the computer wanted to publish that