Berlin Debates Whether To Restore The Kaiser’s Gilded Cross
D***@teikyopost.edu
2017-06-08 14:57:23 UTC
http://religionnews.com/2017/06/07/haunted-by-its-history-berlin-debates-whether-to-restore-the-kaisers-gilded-cross/
Donald4564
2017-06-08 23:53:09 UTC
Post by D***@teikyopost.edu
http://religionnews.com/2017/06/07/haunted-by-its-history-berlin-debates-whether-to-restore-the-kaisers-gilded-cross/
If the building is not to be rebuilt as was - with the cross, then why was it given the go-ahead in the first place? It seems to me that the argument is as silly as those who want Christmas to be re-named "The Holidays" on the off-chance it might offend someone. Who? Even the Japanese celebrate Christmas and there are not many Christians there.

Also, the building is a symbol of the former German monarchies - so I would have thought that if there were to have been any protests, it would have been about this aspect more than anything else.

To me it seems that the one important thing forgotten about when re-building the palace was who is going to live in it?

Regards
Donald Binks
David Amicus
2017-06-09 02:37:38 UTC