The Queen and Trump
hihgdm
2017-01-29 17:14:43 UTC
The following petition is circulating in the UK and should be debated in the House of Commons:

"Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US government, but he should not be invited to make an official state visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

"Donald Trump's well-documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by Her Majesty the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency, Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official state visit."

The Queen must conventionally accept the government's advice but the expectation that she should meet this repulsive and grotesque excuse for a human being is beyond the pale. In particular, the notion that she should she shake one of his tiny hands is particularly distasteful, "hands" being the operative word.

In addition, "...Members of the Republican politician’s staff have warned that Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth’s son, should not “lecture” him on climate change during the visit in case the fiery politician “erupts” in return, The Sunday Times reports. He has reportedly expressed a preference that the younger generation of royals, such as Prince Charles’ sons William and Harry, meet him instead.."

Warned? Wow! I hope Princes Charles and his wife refuse to receive Trump and instead join one of the many expected protest marches. If he does, I may even change my mind about his acceptability as our next king.
David Amicus
The Queen met Obama. I thought that was shameful.
hihgdm
Why?
The Chief
2017-01-31 05:23:50 UTC
Post by David Amicus
Post by hihgdm
[...]
Why should Betty have to toady to one of her Kenyan subjects? :)

Regards,
The Chief
hihgdm
Do you have something to hide? An attitude perhaps, or a belief, that is not PC?
Donald4564
2017-01-31 21:36:01 UTC
Post by hihgdm
[...]
H.M. The Queen has had to wring the wrist of many unpleasant people. One of the worst I think would have been Ceausescu who had been one of a long line of usurpers taking Roumania way from the rightful King Mikhail.

Regards
Donald Binks
hihgdm
Indeed, she has met some unsavoury characters and Ceausescu and his wife were as bad as it gets. But this is different. She is being asked to meet a vulgar clown/buffoon (or five-year-old narcissist as someone called him) and will be expected to pretend that he doesn't lack all credibility. That's gotta be tough. Maybe Prince Philip will let him have it.
Donald4564
2017-02-02 19:41:13 UTC
Post by hihgdm
Post by Donald4564
Post by hihgdm
[...]
One week or so in and Trump has managed to insult Australia. Not a bad effort. I don't think he'd be the flavour of the month if he was to make a visit here at the moment either.

But really, let's get this right - the idiocy lies with the people who voted him in.

Yes, you are lucky you have Prince Phillip who I am sure would not be backward in coming forward with a few choice words from his former Naval vocabulary - if he is ever placed in a position of having to come face to face with Trump.

Regards
Donald Binks
hihgdm
You could always start a national petition that says, in effect, Trump should never be allowed to enter Australia for any reason. The UK one that I signed has almost 2 million signatures (only a million different from the margin by which he lost the US election to Clinton). Yes, he won the electoral college but he LOST THE ELECTION, by almost three millions votes
Louis Epstein
2017-02-03 01:31:10 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by hihgdm
[...]
"Mikhail" is Russian...the Romanian form of the name is "Mihai".
Post by Donald4564
Regards
Donald Binks
b***@gmail.com
2017-02-07 20:42:29 UTC
If I were the Queen I'd snub Trump by asking:
- So, mister prez, Trump, Tromp, any relation to the great Dutch admirals who spanked my predecessors's arse a few times? Your Pussygrabbing Naughtyness a descendant of a junior black sheep who was shipped off to New Amsterdam to keep him out of Old Amsterdam's red lights?
- What? No Knickerbocker ancestry? I mean, sure, we can't all be patrician Roosevelts, Schuylers and Schermerhorns but even the Vanderbilts and the Van Burens had been in America since my folks were back in Saxony.
- But I hear the younger Tromp was made Count of Sölvesborg by one of those silly little Danish kings who went on to lose said town to Sweden. Is that why you have claimed to be Swedish in the past? Are you really a very modest Swedish count masquerading as a Dutch patrician?
- What? It was said to distance your slum lord family from German Nazis because of Jews tenants? So you are really German??? And Palatine to boost, like the Electress Sophie? And half Scottish? HOW DARE YOU BE ME!?
b***@gmail.com
2017-02-07 20:59:30 UTC
The Trumps of Kallstadt went to run the best little whorehouse in Yukon, the Princes of Leiningen at Bad Dürkheim (Queen Victoria's step-family) went to join the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha stud farm / sperm bank, but they both hailed from the old, pre-Napoleonic Principality of Leiningen!