Leopold I Of Belgium Was A Protestant
David Amicus
2017-02-06 17:28:00 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_I_of_Belgium

I've been watching the mini-series "Victoria". In the recent episode Victoria & Albert got married. There was concern over Albert's religion and several times it was said that King Leopold had converted and was a "Papist". I knew that wasn't true.

Someone on the show didn't do their homework!
b***@gmail.com
2017-02-07 20:28:00 UTC
True, but by then his children were born and baptized as Catholics, so his household had converted, you could say.
Maltagenealogy.com
2017-02-09 08:43:43 UTC
There are a few examples where a new Monarchy in Europe elected a foreign Prince whom had to convert for example, the Prince of Denmark becoming King of Greece.
David Amicus
2017-02-09 19:03:55 UTC
Post by Maltagenealogy.com
Post by David Amicus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_I_of_Belgium
I've been watching the mini-series "Victoria". In the recent episode Victoria & Albert got married. There was concern over Albert's religion and several times it was said that King Leopold had converted and was a "Papist". I knew that wasn't true.
Someone on the show didn't do their homework!
There are a few examples where a new Monarchy in Europe elected a foreign Prince whom had to convert for example, the Prince of Denmark becoming King of Greece.
Some didn't like Carol I of Romania and Ferdinand of Bulgaria. Both remained Catholic.