EU to Liberate Gibraltar!
Add Reply
The Chief
2017-03-31 23:38:32 UTC
Hurrah, hurrah!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/

Regards,
The Chief
David Amicus
2017-04-01 00:53:36 UTC
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
There are three colonies that Britain will never give up - Gibraltar, Northern Ireland, the Falklands. Because they would revert to Catholic countries!

They couldn't care less that Hong Kong was given over to the godless Chinese Communists!
Charles Ring
2017-04-01 01:14:13 UTC
Post by David Amicus
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
There are three colonies that Britain will never give up - Gibraltar, Northern Ireland, the Falklands. Because they would revert to Catholic countries!
They couldn't care less that Hong Kong was given over to the godless Chinese Communists!
Gibraltar, Northern Ireland, and the Falklands are almost 100% populated
by Brits.
The Chief
2017-04-01 06:05:08 UTC
Post by Charles Ring
Post by David Amicus
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
There are three colonies that Britain will never give up - Gibraltar, Northern Ireland, the Falklands. Because they would revert to Catholic countries!
They couldn't care less that Hong Kong was given over to the godless Chinese Communists!
Gibraltar, Northern Ireland, and the Falklands are almost 100% populated
by Brits.
An **excellent** argument in favour of reverse ethnic-cleansing!
If they want to be Betty-slaves, then fine, go live in Bettyland!

Regards,
The Chief
Donald4564
2017-04-01 00:53:52 UTC
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
As Spain has been defeated numerous times by England (U.K.) they ought to be thankful that Spain itself was never occupied.

Gibraltar is British and wants to remain British. So,the Spanish and the E.U. want to tread very carefully as I am sure the U.K. will defend the Rock in much the same manner as they did the Falkland Islands. Spain would be idiotic to go the same way as the Argentines.

Regards
Donald Binks
The Chief
2017-04-03 01:24:27 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
As Spain has been defeated numerous times by England (U.K.) they ought to be thankful that Spain itself was never occupied.
Gibraltar is British and wants to remain British. So,the Spanish and the E.U. want to tread very carefully as I am sure the U.K. will defend the Rock in much the same manner as they did the Falkland Islands. Spain would be idiotic to go the same way as the Argentines.
Regards
Donald Binks
Of course this is not just Spain. This is the EU - 27 countries! Time to send in the Armada!

Regards,
The Chief
Louis Epstein
2017-04-03 04:27:04 UTC
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
As Spain has been defeated numerous times by England (U.K.) they ought to be thankful that Spain itself was never occupied.
Gibraltar is British and wants to remain British. So,the Spanish and the E.U. want to tread very carefully as I am sure the U.K. will defend the Rock in much the same manner as they did the Falkland Islands. Spain would be idiotic to go the same way as the Argentines.
Regards
Donald Binks
Of course this is not just Spain. This is the EU - 27 countries! Time
to send in the Armada!
Time for a second Trafalgar!

The Chief
2017-04-03 05:44:09 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
Hurrah, hurrah!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/31/outrage-spain-given-effective-veto-future-gibraltar-eu-plans/
Regards,
The Chief
As Spain has been defeated numerous times by England (U.K.) they ought to be thankful that Spain itself was never occupied.
Gibraltar is British and wants to remain British. So,the Spanish and the E.U. want to tread very carefully as I am sure the U.K. will defend the Rock in much the same manner as they did the Falkland Islands. Spain would be idiotic to go the same way as the Argentines.
Regards
Donald Binks
Of course this is not just Spain. This is the EU - 27 countries! Time
to send in the Armada!
Time for a second Trafalgar!
Not a chance!

When I was growing up, the Sasanach navy was a significant, world-wide force, with well over 300 significant ships (or "operational assets" as they would doubtless be termed in todays management speak), including no less than 7 aircraft carriers, multiple cruiser classes, and hundreds of destroyers, frigates and submarines. Today, by contrast, there are no aircraft carriers, and no cruisers, just 20 or fewer ships in the combined destroyer and frigate force, and fewer than 10 submarines. Significantly, as of this year, the surface ships only remaining anti-surface warfare capability will lie in their single 4.5" guns. No anti-ship missile capability will be retained or available, as the last of the Harpoon missiles purchased from the US become life expired within the year, and will be removed from service. I also note that the old joke about having more admirals than ships has been a reality for the Sasanach navy for a good while now.

By contrast, the Spanish Armada has a substantial new 30,000 ton aircraft carrier in service, with an embarked air wing of fixed-wing strike aircraft, and a surface fleet containing some of the best high-end destroyers in the world - a variant of the present USN top-of-the-range Arleigh Burke class destroyers, with 3-D Aegis air surveillance radars.

Adantage Armada!

In any case, the above is really beside the point: The Sasanach army garrison was withdrawn from Gibraltar, ca. 1991 or so. That being so, all that is required for Spain to recover control is to send in the Guardia Civil and arrest any troublemakers...

Regards,
The Chief
Donald4564
2017-04-03 08:53:04 UTC
Post by The Chief
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by The Chief
Post by Donald4564
Post by The Chief
[...]
I think the days of fighting large battles at sea are long over, hence the down-sizing of navies. It's all in the air these days, and even the old foot soldier's days are numbered as drones and robots are steadily taking over. War by remote control seems to be the go.

I don't think it is as easy as you think for the Spanish to just send in some police to Gibraltar. As most of the citizens are terribly pro-British I think they would be up in arms pretty well straight away and fight the beggars off with handbags and umbrellas.

The E.U. has demonstrated how petty it is if it is causing this stir because it has got its knickers in a knot over Brexit.

Regards
Donald Binks

Donald4564
2017-04-01 06:42:16 UTC
It's strange and somewhat hypocritical isn't it that Big Chief Runamuck espouses all these beliefs but still chooses to stay and live in one of Her Majesty's realms. I would have thought that with all his rantings and railings he would long ago have immigrated to Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan or Syria where he would have found himself more at home.

Regards
Donald Binks
Count Gudenus
2017-04-01 09:15:03 UTC
Gibraltar not a part of Catalonia?
David Amicus
2017-04-01 10:11:08 UTC
Maybe Granada?
Count Gudenus
2017-04-01 11:28:06 UTC
One thinks of the later Emperor Charles VI as "King" of "Spain"
David Amicus
2017-04-01 19:11:57 UTC
Post by Count Gudenus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_VI,_Holy_Roman_Emperor