Queen in "parlous" condition!
The Chief
2017-03-05 12:15:56 UTC
http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/queen-mary-mayday-for-a-scottish-monument-1-4383166

Regards,
The Chief
Donald4564
2017-03-05 20:00:33 UTC
'Tis a great pity to learn that the Queen Mary could eventually suffer the same ignominy as the Queen Elizabeth. I travelled on her from Southampton to New York in May of 1958 and have been to Long Beach twice now to catch up again with her. I would say that on my last visit I noticed a generally run-down condition of the dear old girl.

Regards
Donald Binks
The Chief
2017-03-08 18:15:42 UTC
Post by Donald4564
'Tis a great pity to learn that the Queen Mary could eventually suffer the same ignominy as the Queen Elizabeth. I travelled on her from Southampton to New York in May of 1958 and have been to Long Beach twice now to catch up again with her. I would say that on my last visit I noticed a generally run-down condition of the dear old girl.
Regards
Donald Binks
I agree. I enjoyed several stays on the Q. Mary, and brought my family to visit a unique legacy from the days of the great ocean liners. Very sad to hear that she has been neglected.

Regards,
The Chief