Forthcoming Cambridge Birth
2017-09-04 15:32:37 UTC
I do hope it's a girl so the pesky Succession to the Crown Act stays moot
for all near heirs to the throne...once any royal couple have a daughter
they need to have only daughters.

Embracing a rule for succession that,if it had always applied,would have
led to the current Sovereign not getting the Crown in the first place
casts an unwelcome shadow.While I support gender-blind succession for new
creations,that a rule never change once started if there's any implied
effect on extant title if retrospective is more important than what that
rule is.

David Amicus
2017-09-04 16:02:34 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
I do hope it's a girl so the pesky Succession to the Crown Act stays moot
for all near heirs to the throne...once any royal couple have a daughter
they need to have only daughters.
Embracing a rule for succession that,if it had always applied,would have
led to the current Sovereign not getting the Crown in the first place
casts an unwelcome shadow.While I support gender-blind succession for new
creations,that a rule never change once started if there's any implied
effect on extant title if retrospective is more important than what that
rule is.
The person I feel sorry for is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Carl_Philip,_Duke_of_V%C3%A4rmland

The law was changed after he was born!
Louis Epstein
2017-09-05 02:33:58 UTC
Post by David Amicus
Post by Louis Epstein
I do hope it's a girl so the pesky Succession to the Crown Act stays moot
for all near heirs to the throne...once any royal couple have a daughter
they need to have only daughters.
Embracing a rule for succession that,if it had always applied,would have
led to the current Sovereign not getting the Crown in the first place
casts an unwelcome shadow.While I support gender-blind succession for new
creations,that a rule never change once started if there's any implied
effect on extant title if retrospective is more important than what that
rule is.
The person I feel sorry for is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Carl_Philip,_Duke_of_V%C3%A4rmland
The law was changed after he was born!
Yes,and retroactive.(There's an element of retroactivity in the UK law
too,the PM's ego demanded that it affect everyone born after the agreement
between the Prime Ministers at the CHOGM in 2011 though it was legislated
in 2013 and brought into effect in 2015..."House law" really should not
be a matter for parliaments!).
Post by David Amicus