Video: 1993 House of Lords debate
m***@gmail.com
2017-02-11 03:29:03 UTC
I thought this might be of some interest to those here. The American cable channel CSPAN occasionally covers major events in the U.K. Parliament. They also keep everything online for free.

Here is a 3 hour debate from the House of Lords on a bill to allow peers to opt for a daughter to succeed. Interesting footage, IMO.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?36663-1/heredity-titles-debate
Louis Epstein
2017-02-11 21:21:32 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
I thought this might be of some interest to those here. The American cable channel CSPAN occasionally covers major events in the U.K. Parliament. They also keep everything online for free.
Here is a 3 hour debate from the House of Lords on a bill to allow peers to opt for a daughter to succeed. Interesting footage, IMO.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?36663-1/heredity-titles-debate
The issue keeps coming up...most recently Lord Trefgarne's peerage succession bill.