Prince Harry Duke of.....
hihgdm
2017-06-03 13:45:27 UTC
I hope he marries Meghan Markle, not least because it will be a poke in the eye of the many racists in this country. The question is, which Dukedom will he get? The favourite has to be Sussex, but if it were up to me (I don't think I'm on the Queen's speed dial), it would be Cumberland, notwithstanding that the Cumberland who was Queen Victoria's uncle was a thorn in her side. There are others, such as Albany and Clarence but they seem to have sad connotations in British history.
RAH
2017-06-03 15:00:44 UTC
His great-uncle Edward became the Earl of Wessex in anticipation of later receiving his father's Edinburgh dukedom. Perhaps Harry could receive an earldom until Andrew passes, and the York dukedom (traditional for the "main heir's" next younger brother) becomes available.
The Chief
2017-06-03 18:18:30 UTC
Great-uncle???
The Chief
2017-06-03 18:20:58 UTC
Post by hihgdm
I hope he marries Meghan Markle, not least because it will be a poke in the eye of the many racists in this country. The question is, which Dukedom will he get? The favourite has to be Sussex, but if it were up to me (I don't think I'm on the Queen's speed dial), it would be Cumberland, notwithstanding that the Cumberland who was Queen Victoria's uncle was a thorn in her side. There are others, such as Albany and Clarence but they seem to have sad connotations in British history.
Easy. How about the following -

Hauptsturmführer Harry, Duke of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha!

Keeps family traditions alive, and all that.

Regards,
The Chief
David Amicus
2017-06-03 19:24:10 UTC
Since his brother is Cambridge he ought to be Oxford.
Louis Epstein
2017-06-05 18:27:09 UTC
Post by David Amicus
Since his brother is Cambridge he ought to be Oxford.
Oxford already exists as a non-royal Earldom.

David Amicus
2017-06-05 18:30:48 UTC
Thanks!
David Amicus
2017-06-04 01:55:03 UTC
Harry ought to marry a royal or a noble and not some foreign commoner.
Maltagenealogy.com
2017-06-04 02:18:49 UTC
There was a rumour he was seeing a distant cousin, the Princess of Greece, daughter of Prince Paul. But that wasn't true sadly but I hope he settles down soon enough.
hihgdm
2017-06-04 12:36:20 UTC
Do you object because Ms Markle has African-American heritage? Did you object to President Obama meeting the Queen because President Obama has African-American heritage?
Donald4564
2017-06-05 00:18:30 UTC
Post by hihgdm
Post by David Amicus
Harry ought to marry a royal or a noble and not some foreign commoner.
Do you object because Ms Markle has African-American heritage? Did you object to President Obama meeting the Queen because President Obama has African-American heritage?
I think you have gorne orf on a tangent here old thing. Fellah just said he would prefer HRH to trot down the aisle with someone of the Blood Royal. Ms. Markle's foreign I believe but there are plenty of the "darker-toned" blue-bloods within the Commonwealth should he wish to investigate.

Regards
Donald Binks
David Amicus
Jmo but I think royal should only marry royal.
The Chief
2017-06-05 03:29:53 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by hihgdm
Post by David Amicus
Harry ought to marry a royal or a noble and not some foreign commoner.
Do you object because Ms Markle has African-American heritage? Did you object to President Obama meeting the Queen because President Obama has African-American heritage?
I think you have gorne orf on a tangent here old thing. Fellah just said he would prefer HRH to trot down the aisle with someone of the Blood Royal. Ms. Markle's foreign I believe but there are plenty of the "darker-toned" blue-bloods within the Commonwealth should he wish to investigate.
Regards
Donald Binks
HRH Princess Lātūfuipeka of Tonga is available, and is Harry's age...

Quite a catch, if I may say so!

Regards,
The Chief
hihgdm
Ask him why he objected to President Obama meeting the Queen. What possible reason could he have?
David Amicus
2017-06-05 15:48:16 UTC
Post by hihgdm
Post by Donald4564
Post by hihgdm
Post by David Amicus
Harry ought to marry a royal or a noble and not some foreign commoner.
Do you object because Ms Markle has African-American heritage? Did you object to President Obama meeting the Queen because President Obama has African-American heritage?
I think you have gorne orf on a tangent here old thing. Fellah just said he would prefer HRH to trot down the aisle with someone of the Blood Royal. Ms. Markle's foreign I believe but there are plenty of the "darker-toned" blue-bloods within the Commonwealth should he wish to investigate.
Regards
Donald Binks
Ask him why he objected to President Obama meeting the Queen. What possible reason could he have?
I don't like Obama; I did not vote for him. But his race had nothing to do with it. It was all politics.

In fact regarding race in 2008 I voted for Mr Alan Keyes a black man for POTUS.
The Chief
2017-06-05 03:40:44 UTC
Post by hihgdm
I hope he marries Meghan Markle, not least because it will be a poke in the eye of the many racists in this country. The question is, which Dukedom will he get? The favourite has to be Sussex, but if it were up to me (I don't think I'm on the Queen's speed dial), it would be Cumberland, notwithstanding that the Cumberland who was Queen Victoria's uncle was a thorn in her side. There are others, such as Albany and Clarence but they seem to have sad connotations in British history.
But surely Meghan would not even be allowed into the country! She is a Foreign Johnny! Spouses of British citizens are no longer granted automatic right to live in Britain. The British spouse has to meet conditions on minimum earned income. As Harry will be living off the public teat - welfare - I doubt he qualifies!

Regards,
The Chief
hihgdm
Lady Randolph managed it, so there is a precedent, albeit an ancient one. There again, maybe the rules weren't so stringent in the olden days.
Windemere
It actually might not be such a bad thing if Harry were to wed Meghan. Harry's no longer as close to the succession as he was a few years ago, and if Kate pops out a few more rugrats for William, then he'll be displaced even further. Were he to marry Meghan and move to the U.S.A., he's probably find a welcome reception here. Meghan could continue with her acting career, and Harry would no doubt find some sort of gainful employment. Perhaps he could even run for some sort of public office. And he could become the founder of a branch of the royal family here on American shores.
Louis Epstein
2017-06-05 18:25:48 UTC
Post by hihgdm
I hope he marries Meghan Markle, not least because it will be a poke in
the eye of the many racists in this country. The question is, which
Dukedom will he get? The favourite has to be Sussex, but if it were up
to me (I don't think I'm on the Queen's speed dial), it would be
Cumberland, notwithstanding that the Cumberland who was Queen Victoria's
uncle was a thorn in her side. There are others, such as Albany and
Clarence but they seem to have sad connotations in British history.
Cumberland and Albany are off the table as there are heirs to those
deprived of them with the right to petition for restoration.

I say Sussex for Henry and Clarence for George...and somewhere in there,
given the creation of an Earl of Wessex,should be a Marquess of Mercia.

Windemere
2017-06-05 19:00:18 UTC
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by hihgdm
I hope he marries Meghan Markle, not least because it will be a poke in
the eye of the many racists in this country. The question is, which
Dukedom will he get? The favourite has to be Sussex, but if it were up
to me (I don't think I'm on the Queen's speed dial), it would be
Cumberland, notwithstanding that the Cumberland who was Queen Victoria's
uncle was a thorn in her side. There are others, such as Albany and
Clarence but they seem to have sad connotations in British history.
Cumberland and Albany are off the table as there are heirs to those
deprived of them with the right to petition for restoration.
I say Sussex for Henry and Clarence for George...and somewhere in there,
given the creation of an Earl of Wessex,should be a Marquess of Mercia.
It's true that Cumberland and Albany have heirs,and although they are German citizens and reside there, they probably do still have the legal right to petition for restoration.

Sussex and Clarence are possibilities,as are also Kendal and Monmouth. Also,it would be nice to re-instate Mercia as a title, hearkening back to Anglo-Saxon times (as was done with Wessex). East Anglia is another possibility.
Graham
*Assuming* that HM does not live to see Prince George marry, and confer a dukedom on him (she would be 107 when he turns 20), it would be possible for an Act of Parliament to receive the Royal Assent of King Charles III, redirecting the Dukedom of Cambridge from the by-then-Prince of-Wales William to George. A bit like a writ in acceleration - although they could only be used for subsidiary peerages.
Louis Epstein
2017-06-13 00:15:43 UTC
Post by Graham
Post by Louis Epstein
Post by hihgdm
[...]
It is only the present Queen's practice to withhold Dukedoms from
direct-line sons until the prince in question marries...her grandfather
and Queen Victoria and previous monarchs did not.

I'd like to see her issue Dukedoms for Henry (if still
unmarried/uncreated) and George when she turns 100
as part of marking the day.
Post by Graham
it would be possible for an Act of Parliament to receive the Royal
Assent of King Charles III, redirecting the Dukedom of Cambridge from
the by-then-Prince of-Wales William to George. A bit like a writ in
acceleration - although they could only be used for subsidiary peerages.
Unprecedented and unnecessary.

Donald4564
2017-06-05 21:43:39 UTC
I think that Prince Harry should be given a ducal title that would reflect the Commonwealth. If he were given one based on Australian regions he could become the Duke of Woy Woy or perhaps more appropriately the Duke of Rooty Hill?

Regards
Donald Binks
hihgdm
2017-06-05 22:40:33 UTC
Post by Donald4564
I think that Prince Harry should be given a ducal title that would reflect the Commonwealth. If he were given one based on Australian regions he could become the Duke of Woy Woy or perhaps more appropriately the Duke of Rooty Hill?
Regards
Donald Binks
Woy Woy is taken. John Howard was ennobled as Baron Howard of Woy Woy when he was booted out of parliament, principally for stamping his little foot during the ill-fated unconstitutional convention and thereby saving the monarchy.

I like the idea of them moving to the USA where Harry can spend his time lobbying SCOTUS to return/repatriate the colonies to the United Kingdom, after they were so heinously and hideously lost by his great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather. Best way I can think of to get rid of Emperor Drumpf once and for all.