101st Anniversary of Easter Rising - Beginning of the End for the Evil Empire!
The Chief
2017-04-17 19:35:59 UTC
Today, Easter Monday, marks the 101st anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland - the start of Ireland's successful struggle for freedom, and the beginning of the end for the evil "British Empire"! This time last year I proudly marched in the wonderful centenary parade, in memory of my grandmother, so I was unable to comment at that time. The parade passed by where granny made her last stand against the brutal colonial forces.

Here's to her memory, and that of the other brave women of Cumann na mBan!

Regards,
The Chief
hihgdm
2017-04-20 16:42:57 UTC
Post by The Chief
Today, Easter Monday, marks the 101st anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland - the start of Ireland's successful struggle for freedom, and the beginning of the end for the evil "British Empire"! This time last year I proudly marched in the wonderful centenary parade, in memory of my grandmother, so I was unable to comment at that time. The parade passed by where granny made her last stand against the brutal colonial forces.
Here's to her memory, and that of the other brave women of Cumann na mBan!
Regards,
The Chief
The struggle won't realistically end until unionist Ireland becomes part of the republic, hopefully soon. An independent Scotland may speed up the process.

Fada beo an Poblacht na hÉireann! Síos leis an imperialists!
The Chief
2017-04-25 07:01:38 UTC
Post by hihgdm
Post by The Chief
Today, Easter Monday, marks the 101st anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland - the start of Ireland's successful struggle for freedom, and the beginning of the end for the evil "British Empire"! This time last year I proudly marched in the wonderful centenary parade, in memory of my grandmother, so I was unable to comment at that time. The parade passed by where granny made her last stand against the brutal colonial forces.
Here's to her memory, and that of the other brave women of Cumann na mBan!
Regards,
The Chief
The struggle won't realistically end until unionist Ireland becomes part of the republic, hopefully soon. An independent Scotland may speed up the process.
Fada beo an Poblacht na hÉireann! Síos leis an imperialists!
Suas Poblachd na h-Alba! Sìos leis na Sassanachs!

Regards,
The Chief
hihgdm
2017-04-28 16:01:07 UTC
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/eu-offer-northern-ireland-route-remain-rejoining-ireland/

This is about all EU countries (except the UK) potentially encouraging the idea of Northern Ireland getting what amounts to a free pass to stay in or rejoin the EU (after Brexit) if it returns "home" to the republic. What an imaginative way to achieve what must happen, provided that one is not a rampant NI unionist. On the other hand they may be swayed by the fact that most of them voted to stay in the EU. I'd be curious to know if the historical reasons for the six counties of Northern Ireland wanting to remain in the UK are still valid, or if it has just become a matter of habit. I imagine the Queen wouldn't mind too much if they left.

Great news, particularly for Scotland, as it should make Sturgeon's job of getting independence for us easier and it would make it more difficult for Westminster to say No. Bad news, however, for Gibraltar, as Spain will no doubt try to use the Irish reunification to bolster it's claim. On the other hand, the people of Gibraltar don't want that change, by a huge margin, so one wonders if we are to have another Falklands.
Donald4564
2017-04-28 21:41:50 UTC
Post by hihgdm
[...]
News just in - the Isle of Man is to set up its own shop, followed by the Isle of Wight. The Isles of Skye and the Scilly Isles are also considering severing links. London is to become a city state, and Manchester and Newcastle and also looking into it. The Archbishop of Canterbury is also considering turning Lambeth into a Church State. Wales of course is now a sovereign principality and Scotland has become a separate Kingdom with the Duke of Argyle being offered the throne. Ireland has been united with a Council of Chiefs now arguing over who will be in charge. The EU has been expanded to include Greenland, Zanzibar and the New Hebrides.

Regards
Donald Binks
Louis Epstein
2017-05-01 15:56:47 UTC
Post by Donald4564
Post by hihgdm
[...]
Do you have a valid Passport to Pimlico or do you need to apply at the
consulate in Grand Fenwick?

n***@gmail.com
2017-04-29 22:42:42 UTC
n***@gmail.com
2017-04-29 23:05:57 UTC
Dude, if NI remains in the EU it will be as a state independent of either the UK or Ireland. Is this because some evil conspiracy of Anglo-Saxon Aristocrats and American Capitalists hate Ireland?

No. It's because most of the people of Northern Ireland do not want to live in a Catholic-dominated Republic. How do I know this? Because nine months after the EU vote they had an election, in which the Unionists got their asses kicked, and still the Republican side only managed 40% of the vote. Parties that actually have Unionist in their name were at 43.6%. The remainder went to parties like the Alliance and Greens, who on trying to get beyond the dispute, and joining a Catholic-dominated Republic would not do that.

So I will not be surprised if the Union breaks up. I will not be surprised if an independence referendum of some sort is one of the demands the EU makes. But if they do that they'll lose because that would start a hot-shooting war, and even a lot of Catholics would oppose it. The thing you should be fighting for if you're an Irishman who wants the six counties out of the UK is an independent Commonwealth Realm, because that might actually happen.

Nick

===============
Louis Epstein
2017-05-01 16:00:53 UTC
Post by The Chief
Today, Easter Monday, marks the 101st anniversary of the 1916 Easter
Rising in Ireland - the start of Ireland's successful struggle for
freedom, and the beginning of the end for the evil "British Empire"!
This time last year I proudly marched in the wonderful centenary parade,
in memory of my grandmother, so I was unable to comment at that time.
The parade passed by where granny made her last stand against the brutal
colonial forces.
That thuggish fools set Ireland on a path out of the ever-glorious British
Empire is a catastrophe for which their descendants must make amends.
The lies of republicanism must be denounced unconditionally and a humble
address to permanently return to allegiance to the Throne made without
delay.