Italian Royalty Reduced to Running LA Food Truck!
The Chief
2017-01-25 20:13:05 UTC
How the "mighty" are fallen! Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia, self-styled "Prince of Piedmont and Venice", now gets to reign over a Los Angeles on-street mobile food truck!
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-fo-food-truck-prince-of-venice-20170128-story.html

At least he doesn't have to bus the tables, as there aren't any!

Regards,
The Chief
Maltagenealogy.com
He owns them, but does not run them like most folks do.. It is a concept, like many other projects EF has.. EF is down to earth guy who gets alot of respect from fellow Italians, as oppose to the Aosta branch whom are media shy.
The Chief
2017-01-25 22:32:15 UTC
Post by Maltagenealogy.com
Post by The Chief
How the "mighty" are fallen! Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia, self-styled "Prince of Piedmont and Venice", now gets to reign over a Los Angeles on-street mobile food truck!
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-fo-food-truck-prince-of-venice-20170128-story.html
At least he doesn't have to bus the tables, as there aren't any!
Regards,
The Chief
He owns them, but does not run them like most folks do.. It is a concept, like many other projects EF has.. EF is down to earth guy who gets alot of respect from fellow Italians, as oppose to the Aosta branch whom are media shy.
Hey Emanuele, make mine a large maccheroni bolognese, and make it pronto!

Regards,
The Chief
Windemere
2017-01-26 16:14:23 UTC
Post by The Chief
How the "mighty" are fallen! Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia, self-styled "Prince of Piedmont and Venice", now gets to reign over a Los Angeles on-street mobile food truck!
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-fo-food-truck-prince-of-venice-20170128-story.html
At least he doesn't have to bus the tables, as there aren't any!
Regards,
The Chief
I suspect that when his grandfather awarded Emanuele Filiberto the 'Prince of Venice' title, he probably didn't foresee this outcome. But the Lord works in strange ways. He's earning an honest living, and appears to be happy. It's better than being a robber venture capitalist or financial manipulator. I imagine that, with advancing age, he's grown to old to earn a living by dancing, and it's something that we all must cope with.

In my own neighborhood, a bowl of good Italian spaghetti with tomato sauce can be had for $5.35, so the Prince of Venice truck's prices do seem a bit on the expensive side. But if it includes meat sauce or meatballs, bread & salad, $10 per bowl does seem a reasonable price.

Emanuele Filiberto has no sons, so the Italian succession, for whatever it amounts to, is inevitably destined to eventually go to his Aosta cousins. If he's providing some sort of food-service business to leave to his daughters, he deserves some credit for that. At least they won't become destitute, and become a burden on the taxpayers.
Donald4564
2017-01-26 23:12:07 UTC
So what! It just shows that "Royalty" are quite capable of turning their hand to something that will produce an income. King Mikhail of Roumania ran a chicken farm for a while when he was in exile. A number of the Russian aristocracy ended up as waiters or the like in Paris after the Bolshevik revolution.

Good on 'em, is what I say. Beats swanning around looking for a handout.

Regards
Donald Binks
b***@gmail.com
2017-02-07 19:47:04 UTC
Post by Donald4564
King Mikhail of Roumania ran a chicken farm for a while when he was in exile.
Allodial farming can be the very essence of noble independence, but then other definitions of nobility are all about being in service..... hey, hereditary arch-dapifer, over here, I'm ready to order.